With over 100 years of knowledge, the team at The Tailor have sat down together and have come up with their ‘Ultimate Bucket list’ for your must see and do Australian travel experiences!
- Discover the real Australian Outback by visiting a working station (ranch) – the Outback is the absolute essence of Australia and what Australians identify themselves with … for a truly authentic experience stay with Di & Ian Fargher, fourth generation owner operators of Angorichina Station offer you true blue Australian hospitality, rugged outback surrounds with a cosy bed to rest your head after an action packed day! Bullo River Station in the Top End of Northern Territory is working cattle station and stunning property in its own right – amazing rivers, cascades, wildlife such as water buffalo, crocodiles, prolific birdlife and fantastic fishing!
- Rent your own Queensland Island – the ultimate way to feel like the rich and famous is to hire your own private island for a private getaway. Haggerstone Island is a true Robinson Crusoe experience, diving the Great Barrier Reef is a must! Makepeace Island, Richard Branson’s Australian home offers unique fusion of luxury accommodation and stunning natural habitat.
- Cruise the Kimberley Coast – True North offers one the most luxurious options to discover this pristine coastline of the Kimberley in Western Australian. Its described as advetures in Style and with 10 metre tides, breathtaking waterfalls and some of the most incredible Aborginal art in the country it’s no wonder. We recommend a breathtaking flight by helicopter over the King George waterfall.
- Visit Australia’s Galapagos – Kangaroo Island – if you love nature and wildlife you will love Kangaroo Island! A must see for all visitors to Australia and the perfect destination to see Koalas in the wild. If you are seeking a luxe option Southern Ocean Lodge is the place for you (in our opinion Australia’s number 1 lodge) or if you like to be a bit more independent rent a luxurious beach house such as Decoudie Beach House, Kangaroo Beach Lodges or Sky House at LifeTime Private Retreats (one of our personal favourites).
- Take a sail on Sydney Harbour – hire a luxury cruiser to take in the sights of Sydney! Make sure you also include a lunch at Icebergs on a sunny summer day overlooking famous Bondi beach, perhaps take a private surf lesson, return to your room to freshen up at the Park Hyatt Sydney which offers amazing views of the Harbour, later that evening see a show at the Sydney Opera House; an action packed Sydney stay (and don’t forget to climb the Harbour Bridge).
- Explore the Top End – Kakadu and Arnhemland with a private guide – learn about the ancient Aboriginal culture, bush tucker and discover amazing rock art. Davidson’s Arnhemland Safaris, Lords Kakadu and Arnhem Land Safaris and Venture North all offer fantastic guides that give you in-depth understanding of the Aboriginal culture and they can arrange for you to meet traditional owners and spend time learning the fascinating culture. Best of all the offer access to Arnhemland a very special part of Australia that very few every get to experience.
- Enjoy sunset in the Barossa Valley, whilst sipping on a glass of Hill of Grace – The Barossa is deservedly Australia’s is most famous wine region. With artisan producers and some of the world’s leading wine makers this is the place to get behind the scenes and enjoy a private barrel tasting with one of these iconic producers. A stay at The Louise sampling the gourmet delights of their highly awarded on-site restaurant Appellation only adds to the experience.
- Get off the beaten track and walk Maria Island - family-owned and operated, Maria Island Walk is highly awarded and offers an undiscovered and authentic Tasmanian experience, showcasing stunning beach, marine and bush environments as well as local wildlife, history and culture.
- Take a flight over Innamincka and Lake Eyre – Dick Smith; the well-known Australian adventurer has nominated Innamincka as one of our most exceptional places – right behind the Great Barrier Reef. Join The Tailor’s exclusive journey that encompasses these amazing salt lakes and the in-famous Burke and Will’s Dig Tree. Also visiting the Coongie Lakes and flying along the Cooper creek it is hard to fathom the sheer volume of water and wildlife that inhabit this inland river system.
- If you loved the movie ‘Man from Snowy River’ then a trail ride is an absolute must – join Michael Watson, who is the second generation of his family to saddle up the horses and guide guests deep in to the Victorian High Country. After a long day in the saddle, relax at Merindie Mountain Retreat with a private chef serving up your favourite culinary delights.
Please contact our Travel Designers for more information.