NT/WA – Top End Adventure
Australia’s Top End and the Kimberleys offer adventure, relaxation and some of the most stunning landscape Australia has to offer. The Kimberley Region is vast, covering an expanse of nearly 423,000 square kilometres. With an estimated population of just 30,000 it has fewer people per square kilometre than almost any other place on Earth. The Top End is a scene of grassy plains majestic gorges carved by rivers out of sandstone escarpments.
In this magical 7 day/6 night itinerary The Tailor has put together an exciting 5 star experience that will have you doing everything from swimming in secluded cascades to sweeping across the vast landscape in a helicopter searching for the perfect barramundi fishing location.
Days 1 – 3
Australia’s Top End will captivate you with its prolific wildlife, ancient boab trees and significant remnants of Aboriginal and European history. You can get involved in as much or as little as you like, however we recommend giving everything a go.
During your 3 days at Bullo River Station, you have the opportunity to experience first-hand a working cattle station. It is entirely up to you how you would like to spend your days, a selection of what is on offer is:
- Take a helicopter flight up to the white sandy beaches of the secluded cascades and spend the day swimming in the cool water and a night under the stars (please note that there is an additional cost for helicopter hire).
- Take a 4WD or quad bike tour of the property, giving a perspective on the enormity of the property and search for the huge saltwater crocodiles, water buffalo, wallabies, bird life and more.
- Cattle mustering is seasonal, between the winter months of May to October guests are welcome to watch or participate with the handling of stock.
- Whether you’re a novice or enthusiast, the chance to try some of the best barramundi fishing in North Australia should not be missed.
- Local rock art sites offer insights into complexities of Aboriginal culture, and its significance for generations of people past and present.
Whilst in the Top End, 3 nights accommodation has been included at Bullo River Station
A five-star wilderness experience, located in the top western corner of the Northern Territory of Australia, it has been in the Henderson family since the late 1950s.
Value Add – Book and travel by the 31st October 2012 to receive a complimentary 15 minute scenic helicopter flight per booking (staying for a minimum of 3 nights).
Days 4 – 7
The Kimberley Region is known for its mighty rivers, huge ranges and lush – almost magical – waterholes. Probably the most well known landmark is the Bungle Bungle Range – striking sandstone domes, striped with orange and grey bands – located in Purnululu National Park, they are estimated to be 360 million years old.
The experience does not stop when you get to El Questro Wilderness Park, included in your 3 days here is:
- A guided boating tour through the spectacular Chamberlain Gorge or a guided walking gorge tour might be more your style.
- With an abundance of wildlife in this region, you can take a bird-watching tour or even learn about bush culture and the history of this amazing land.
- Visit the Zebedee Springs which is only offered to El Questro Homestead guests on an exclusive basis.
- If you are feeling active you can go horse riding through the bush or try your hand at local freshwater fishing at Branco’s Waterhole.
- If relaxing is more your style, you can enjoy a gourmet lunch on a private cliff top verandah or maybe take a gourmet picnic hamper to enjoy in an intimate setting of your choice.
Whilst in the Kimberley, 3 night’s accommodation has been included at El Questro Wilderness Park in a Cliff Side Retreat.
Located in the heart of the beautiful, forbidding Kimberley, El Questro Homestead is an exclusive retreat open to just 18 guests. Cliff Side Retreats are situated at the edge of a sheer escarpment, overlooking the spectacular wilderness. Uninterrupted views of the Chamberlain River can be enjoyed from both your daybed and the luxurious feather topped bed that face floor to ceiling, sliding glass walls.
As the north closes down for the wet season, the best time for travel is the dry season from April to October, with warm sunny days and cool nights.
Value Add – Book and travel by the 31st October 2012 to receive a FREE scheduled transfer from El Questro Homestead to Kununurra (one-way only).
2 guests = AUD$7,740.00 per person (double/twin share)
4 guests = AUD$6,890.00 per person (double/twin share)
Price is valid for travel between 1 April 2012 to 31 October 2012 and is subject to availability at the time of booking request. Price may be subject to seasonal fluctuations.
As with all The Tailor itineraries, this programme can be tailored to suit your individual interests and requirements.
Bullo River Station
3 nights stay in a station double/twin room including all meals and selected beverages. A complimentary 15 minute helicopter flight per booking (based on a minimum 3 night stay).
Private Charter Flights
Private charter flight in C210 from Darwin to Bullo River Station and Bullo River Station to El Questro Wilderness Park. Charter flights are subject to maximum payloads and luggage restrictions.
El Questro Wilderness Park
3 nights stay in a Cliff Side Retreat including all meals and selected beverages. Selected touring/activities & Wilderness Park Permit also included.
Scheduled road transfer from El Questro to Kununurra one-way.
Value add components at Bullo River Station and El Questro Homestead are not combinable with other offers. Please consult your Travel Designer to check on conditions, availability and make an enquiry.