QLD – Reef & Rainforest
The Tropical North is bounded by the World Heritage-listed Daintree National Park in the north, the quaint cane-field villages in the south and the magnificent Coral Sea coastline abutting the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park to the east.
In this 7 day/6 night itinerary The Tailor has incorporated the best of Queensland’s Tropical North including the fashionable Port Douglas and the pristine paradise of Lizard Island.
Days 1 – 4
The Tropical North is home to Port Douglas – one of Australia’s most fashionable resort destinations with five-star restaurants, art galleries and designer boutiques. It is notable for its proximity to world heritage listed areas of significance, the Daintree Rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef.
During your 4 days in the Tropical North a selection of touring has been included to ensure you experience the beautiful landscapes and unique wildlife of this area:
- Full day private safari including morning tea in the rainforest surrounded by marsupials and birds, lunch in the secluded coolness of the mountains.
- Full day private tour including Kuku Yalanji Cultural Experience, morning tea, lunch with selected Australian Wines.
Whilst in Port Douglas 3 nights’ accommodation has been included at Peppers Balé Resort
Peppers Balé is a retreat both private and revitalising, an intimate living space that offers the ultimate in tropical relaxation.
Days 5 – 7
Great Barrier Reef Islands
Lizard Island on the Great Barrier Reef is a National Park covering over 1,000 hectares, with 24 sandy beaches and famous Blue lagoon.
There is an abundance of activities to keep you entertained on the island including:
- A glass bottom boat trip to view the countless and dazzling array of tropical fish in the spectacular fringing reef right on your doorstep.
- An active day out on the paddle skis, outboard dinghy or maybe snorkelling where you can get up close and personal with 70-year-old giant clams.
- A relaxing bushwalk followed by a delicious picnic in the tropical surrounds shared with the prolific birdlife.
Whilst in the Great Barrier Reef, 3 night’s accommodation has been included at Lizard Island Resort
Those in search of real escape continue to voyage to Lizard Island for a rare and remarkable reef experience…
Lizard Island is beautiful, natural and wild.
Best time for travel is from April to December each year to avoid the tropical north wet season
As with all The Tailor itineraries, this programme can be customised or combined with other destinations to suit your individual interests and requirements.
Please contact one of our specialised travel designers to make an enquiry and check on pricing for your preferred dates of travel – call on + 61 8 8354 4405 or email.
Peppers Bale Resort
3 nights stay in a 1 Bedroom Sanctuary (2 guests) or 2 Bedroom Sanctuary (4 guests)
Tropical North touring
1st day private safari including morning tea in the rainforest, lunch
2nd day private tour including Kuku Yalanji Cultural Experience, morning tea, lunch with selected Australian Wines
3 nights stay in an Anchor Bay Room, including all meals, selected alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages, use of non-motorised water sports & dinghy hire. Return airfares between Cairns and Lizard Island on scheduled flights.