SA – Stranraer Homestead
Kangaroo Island is one of Australia’s most famous wilderness destinations. With its abundant wildlife species and natural beauty, the island covers almost 4500 sq km (a third of which is conservation land) and is relatively free of feral species allowing animal and bird populations to thrive.
In this 3 day/2 night itinerary, The Tailor has incorporated the best of Kangaroo Island experiences in a short getaway package.
Day 1 -3
After a hearty breakfast at the Homestead each morning, you will be collected by your guide for your full day of touring. Kangaroo Island is home to an abundance of wildlife, look for kangaroos, goannas, koalas, the rare Cape Barren Geese or maybe even catch a site of the elusive Platypus.
You have 2 full days of small group touring to include the following:
- Observe a fur seal colony of over 50,000 at Cape du Couedic where they will be frolicking in the surf under Admirals Arch – a spectacular coastal grotto
- Visit a beautiful stone lighthouse where 3 light keepers and their families lived back in 1940 when supplies only came every 3 months
- Stand amongst the iconic Remarkable Rocks which have been carved by relentless winds, rain and salt from the Southern Ocean to form what some consider a work of art
- Enjoy some good wine and local produce at the picnic lunch
- Explore the rugged south coast in a 4WD tour
- Take a guided walk through Lathami Conservation Park and discover the unique wildlife found only on Kangaroo Island
- At Seal Bay Conservation Park walk with your guide among Australian sealions
- Further explore the south east region with experiences dependant on the season
Whilst at Kangaroo Island accommodation has been included at Stranraer Homestead
Stranraer Homestead’s speciality is country peace and tranquillity. The property has been in the Wheaton family since 1911, now run by your hosts, Graham and Lyn Wheaton, who executed a glorious restoration of the homestead.
As with all The Tailor itineraries, this programme can be customised or combined with other destinations to suit your individual interests and requirements.
Please contact one of our specialised travel designers to make an enquiry and check on pricing for your preferred dates of travel – call on + 61 8 8354 4405 or email.
2 nights stay in a homestead room including dinner, full breakfast and selected beverages. Return airport transfers
Kangaroo Island Touring
2 x full day small group (share) tours including accommodation pick-up and return, knowledgeable guides, admissions, lunch and selected Australian wine.
Travel to/from Kangaroo Island
Return scheduled airfares between Adelaide and Kangaroo Island (Kingscote)