- The Tailor’s Arnhem Land Cultural Safari – Chad Clark Certified 25 Winner
- Lux Tourism Awards – 2018 Best Luxury Travel Specialists & Most Outstanding Client Focused Company
- The Tailor was awarded as one of Conde Nast Travellers (USA) Travel Specialists for 2016
- Drew was finalist in the Captain Trevor Haworth Outstanding Contribution by an Individual to the Tourism Export Industry for 2016
- Drew Kluska was recognised by leading travel publication Conde Nast Traveler USA in The Experience Makers list for 2015
- The Tailor won the PURE Award for INNOVATIVE AND ENGAGING MARKETING. Recognising a clever campaign that uses innovative or unusual methods to encourage personal engagement with a travel product, while staying true to the independent, experiential ethos of the brand
- The Tailor won the LUXPERIENCE award for Marketing Excellence In Luxury and Experiential Travel
- The Tailor was a finalist for The Pure Award for innovative & engaging marketing
- The Tailor was also shortlisted for The Pure Award for contribution to experiential travel
- Article featured in Five Star Kids for The Ultimate Adventure for families
- Drew Kluska was recognised as a founding Fellow of The Shackleton & Selous Society
- Outback Encounter’s Flying Food Safari voted as one ofAustralian Traveller Magazine’s “100 Greatest Australian Gourmet Experiences”
- Rated as one of the “Best Adventure Travel Companies On Earth”and “Number ONE in Australia” byNational Geographic Adventure USA
- Awarded the Best Tourism Innovator by Australian Gourmet Traveller Magazine
- Listed as part of “The Dream List; 32 Trips of a Lifetime”by Condé Nast USA
- Finalist in the Australian Travel & Tourism Awards, presented by The Weekend Australian for “Best Tour Operator”
- Featured in “Top 50 Trips of a Lifetime” by National Geographic USA
- Ute Junker wrote in the Financial Review’s Life & Leisure – Luxury lift out “Drew Kluska single-handedly introduced the concept of luxury holidays to Australia’, says Tim Lapage, United States travel agency Safari Experts. ‘Others have copied it since, but he was the first to offer a new type of outback experience, a level of customisation not seen before”.
- Awarded a Bronze medal at the South Australian Tourism Award for General Tourism Services
- Appointed one of the select Australian agents for Virgin Galactic
- Audi Magazine stated, “Outback Encounter has built a reputation providing its clients with individualised travel to destinations often not available through other outlets, making the Virgin connection a perfect match”.
- Susan Skelly in her article ‘Rites of passage’ that featured in The Bulletin wrote “Kluska understands that there’s a new kind of tourism abroad and that it relies on maverick expertise. It’s customised, educational, unforgettable”.
- Recognised as one of the “Top 50 travel experts you need to know worldwide” by Condé Nast Traveller UK
- Rod Woodburn declared in Qantas Magazine”Drew Kluska is no big-time gambler…but he reckons he’s backing a winner. He’s boldly brought the ‘Out of Africa’ tourism concept to Australia, convinced that luxury bush lodges are the way to showcase our wide brown land to discriminating travellers.”
- David Herdon wrote in Travel & Leisure USA “Someday, Drew Kluska may be famous as a great Australian explorer – of luxury digs. He has spent the past few years searching for hotels, lodges and even livestock stations that exemplify Australia’s colourful history and character”.