A luxury Australian outback oasis – a destination where guests can explore, indulge and relax amongst a setting that is unlike any other. Perched on the spectacular 120ha freshwater Crystalbrook Lake, Crystalbrook Lodge offers an exclusive, fully hosted experience for a maximum of 10 guests in 5 beautifully appointed rooms.
Crystalbrook Lodge delivers adventure, escape, and unexpected elegance all set in rugged and breathtaking red-dirt outback Queensland. Wake to gourmet meals and breathtaking sunrises. Spend your days fishing for iconic barramundi and exploring the property trails on foot or bike. By afternoon, find yourself indulging by the wet-edge magna pool overlooking the colourful scenery, and end your night by the campfire or sipping cocktails overlooking the manicured grounds.
Crystalbrook Lodge is in a remote location 180kilometres west of Cairns in Far North Queensland on the historical 85,000 acre Crystalbrook Station, which was established in the late 1800 to supply meat to mining camps in the Chillagoe area. Today the station runs approximately 2000 head and produces prime Brangus cattle for the Australian market.
- Bird watching & wild life spotting – The combination of the outback location and immense bodies of water create the perfect environment for an abundance of birdlife to thrive. More than 60 bird species can be found on the property including majestic sea-eagles, pelicans, brolgas and magpie-geese, red-tailed black cockatoos, blue-winged kookaburras, kingfishers and honeyeaters. Crystalbrook is not only home to about 2000 head of Brahman and Brangus cattle but also to wild brumbies, bush pigs, dingos and reptiles. As you explore the property, you are sure to spot an array of wildlife natural to the environment.
- Barramundi fishing – The Crystalbrook Lake is a fisherman’s mecca. Spend your days catching barramundi, sooty grunter or crocodilian long tom on the 120ha privately owned oasis. Guided or unguided, you can choose to fish off the private pontoon boat, take out a kayak or flick lures across the lily pads along the bank.
- Bush walks – Explore the property by foot or on mountain bike and discover firsthand the environment and adventure that awaits. The beautiful trails follow the south side of the lake in a loop back to the lodge. There are a variety of trails available to suit everyone.
- Swimming – For absolute relaxation, take a refreshing swim or sit back and unwind in the 55,000-litre wet edge magna pool. The incredible pool is perfectly positioned at the front of the lodge overlooking Crystalbrook Lake.
- Boat Cruises – With the Sweetwater electric pontoon boat, perhaps go for a fish during the day or a cruise in the afternoon to soak in the incredible views as the sun sets behind the lodge.
- Kayaking – Take out the kayak and immerse yourself into the undisturbed environment, exploring the far reaches of the lake. You might have the opportunity to see a herd of wild brumbies, lotus birds walking by on lily pads, pelicans, brolgas, magpie geese and other birds in their natural element.
- Paddle boarding – Paddle along the beautiful lake on one of the stand up paddle boards. There is no rush to take in the scenery and abundance of wild life as you meander along the vastness of the lake.
- Mountain biking – Take to two wheels and explore the area by mountain bike, discovering first-hand the environment and the adventure that awaits.
- Historic Chillagoe, Limestone Caves and Indigenous Art Tour – Discover the world’s most diverse geology through a privately guide day tour to the iconic Chillagoe Caves. Journey through Chillagoe’s marble quarries and stop for a visit to Tom Prior’s legendary Ford Museum. You’ll experience lunch at the Chillagoe “Top Pub” for an outback style Aussie burger or fish ’n’ chips before you get to explore the spectacular limestone caves themselves.
Small Groups or extended families (up to 10) for exclusive use
Dining: Dining Options
As you walk past the kitchen, enjoy a chat with the fantastic onsite cook and watch them preparing mouth-watering treats. Cyrstalbrook Lodge food showcases the best Australian produce and is served to your liking in an indoor or outdoor setting.
Australian wines and beers and a selection of tea, Nespresso coffee station and other non-alcoholic beverages are available to you at all time during your stay.
Room / Accommodation option: Courtyard Suites
5 courtyard suites each with:
- King split bedding (double or twin)
- Large en-suite bathroom (shower only)
- Private courtyard with daybed
- Ceiling fans
- Luxury bath robes
- Daily housekeeping with evening turn down
- Magna © Magnesium wet edge pool
- Reference Library
- Binoculars available
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access
- Theatre Room with Foxtel and Apple TV connection for viewing movies, photos or videos
- Exercise balls and yoga mats available
- Complimentary insect repellent and sunscreen
Nightly rate includes
- Breakfast, 1-course lunch, sun downers and 2-course gourmet dinner daily
- All beverages including 24/7 open bar, with Australian wines and beers
- Activities included – Lake cruises, Barramundi fishing, bird watching, wildlife spotting, kayaking, bush walking the lakeside trails, sundown cruise, photography, star gazing, paddle boarding & mountain biking
Please note that there is a 2 night minimum stay at Crystalbrook Lodge.
Flight ex Cairns, self-drive or road transfer by arrangement
Nearest major city/town
Town – Cairns
- 60 minutes by Helicopter
- 45 minutes by light aircraft
- 3 hours by road
- Self-drive is also permitted for those with their own vehicle – map with directions on request