Adelaide Central Market, in the heart of the Central Business District is the epicentre of food, culture and lifestyle in South Australia. When joining one of our tours, local and international visitors:
– Experience South Australian regional food produce firsthand via tastings
– Enjoy the opportunity to connect with our State’s regions, farmers, producers and growers.
– Learn about the history of the Market and the important role it has had in Adelaide and South Australia.
– Are guided through the popular, chaotic and busy environment by our fully trained passionate food lover guides.
– Have the opportunity to explore and discover the tastes and lifestyle that South Australia has to offer.
This immersive food tourism experience includes diverse tastings – from green ants to artisan cheeses to KIS gin! The essence of the tour is storytelling. The stories are about real people, families, migration, business and food. Every Market stall has a unique story and it is our goal to unravel, share and enjoy those stories. We ensure each guest leaves feeling engaged, connected and having a story of their own to take home from South Australia.
Tour available in Chinese, German, French and Italian on request:
Special inclusion for you just with The Tailor:
Opportunity to purchase extras – Choose between our delicious breakfast or gourmet lunch
AUD$ 80 per person
Minimum 2 pax, maximum 40 pax
Not open non-market days and public holidays. Market open days Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat
Pricing valid to March 2019
Fully undercover venue, wear comfortable walking shoes
Gluten Free Options:
We can tailor your tour to be entirely gluten free, you just need to indicate it in the purchase process or contacting us.
If a cancellation is made more than 30 days prior to Tour departure the cancellation fee is 25% of the Tour price.
If a cancellation is made more than 14 days but less than 30 days prior to Tour departure the cancellation fee is 50% of the Tour price.
If a cancellation is made less than 14 days prior to Tour departure, or for a non-appearance to commence the Tour, the cancellation fee is 100% of the Tour price.
No refunds are payable for ‘change of mind’.
Perth (Western Australia)
The Tailor is a team of trusted, passionate travel designers who create Australian hand-crafted journeys to inspiring destinations.
33 Queen St, Thebarton SA 5031 (Australia)
Mon - Fri 8.30 - 17.30